Powered by Rollyo
Learning Schmearning: Thing 23: YouTube!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Thing 23: YouTube!

I love YouTube! I was writing a blog in which I referenced the poet John Ashbery. I went to YouTube to find one of his poems and came across this English guy (Charles Bryant), reading an Ashbery poem. Most of my readers liked the English guy more than the poem!



YouTube is very useful for finding versions of songs, as well as poems.

More than anything I've encountered on the web (given that I've never gotten into music filesharing), YouTube will have a major impact on the notion of copyright. Some companies, like Viacom, try to aggressively enforce their rights on YouTube, successfully removing, for instance, most Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert videos. Others, though, seem to view short clips more as animals.

While working on Thing 24, I stumbled upon the Second Life Library Project. I'm looking forward to learning more about that. I tried maybe a year ago to get into Second Life, but had some problems. Now one of my California MySpace friends who designs oomputer games has gotten into it, and he says he'll give me some help. Anyway, here's a video about the Second Life Library Project:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home